Header

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Madness


 I've pretty much grown up around basketball.  My dad was a student manager at a division one school when he was in college, so he is obviously really into it.  My younger brother eat, breathes, and lives basketball.  I played for four years when I was in elementary school, but I never really understood what I was doing (hence the reason why I stopped playing). Of course my dad was my coach at the time.  He now coaches my brother, it's something that they are both passionate about so it bonds them.  During the winter my house is pretty much centered around basketball: my brother playing in high school, my dad coaching the middle school team, watching it on TV, talking about it, etc. It usually gets to a point where my mom and I become uninterested by it.  However, once March comes around my interest level increases again because of the NCAA tournament.

  Every year my family has our own pool of brackets.  It's just a fun thing that brings us all together.  I don't always pick the highest ranked teams when choosing who I want to win.  Confession: I usually pick the school who's colors or name I like better. I took a screen shot of my bracket but it is really hard to see (sorry!). The games started this afternoon, so far I have four wins and one loss.


xoxo
-mQs-

1 comment:

  1. sounds great - we love basketball too.. sooo awesome in summer outside at our school:)))
    lots and lots of love from switzerland!
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete