Header

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February Favorites

I feel like February just began, but somehow it's the last day of the month. This past month has been quite eventful for me. Those quiet days, in January, that had me stir crazy are actually sounding appealing now. February was definitely a much busier month. I started substitute teaching more, working at my part time job again as the weather got nicer and business picked up, celebrated my birthday, continued my fitness journey, experienced some personal things, and began my first official interview process.  The month was filled with many ups and downs for me, but I did have a few favorites come out of it. 


Birthday Cake
My birthday falls in February. In case you missed it, I turned 23 this month. You can check out my post here. My mom has pretty much always made my birthday cakes. This year she tried out a new recipe to make an ice-cream cake.  Let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious. The bottom layer was a half baked chocolate chip cookie that was just heavenly.

Bobbi Brown Finish Illuminating Powder
This month I added a new step to my daily makeup routine. I felt like I was in need of a little more color and sparkle. My mom helped me find the perfect powder to accomplish this. Bobbi Brown's Nude finish illuminating powder was able to do this for me. On the weekends, I'll just put this on by itself and it does the trick for a simple face of makeup.

Cold Play + The Chainsmokers 
Anyone else obsessed with this combination? I have been playing their song on repeat since it has come out.  Without a doubt my favorite song from this month. If you haven't heard it, then you can check it out here.

This after school snack 
Almost two years ago, I shared this recipe with you guys.  Lately, it has been my go to snack when I get home from teaching.  It even makes for a great snack the next day when I can't finish it all at once.

Weekend Getaway
This past weekend, Todd and I were able to get away for the weekend. We spent two days and one night exploring Washington D.C. It was a much needed weekend away to forget about life's current stressors and just hit the reset button.  Having someone to go on adventures with definitely makes life more exciting.  More details to come on the trip in the upcoming weeks!


101 in 1001 Update:
This month I was able to cross four items off of my list. I mailed a care package filled with cookies to my brother and his girlfriend (what college student doesn't love a sweet treat and some snail mail?), went a month without purchasing anything outside of the necessities, visited a museum, and I published a collaboration blog post (check it out here).

What were your favorites from this month?
XOXO



1 comment:

  1. I want to make a 101 in 1001 list.

    http://goldclutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete