Header

Friday, July 15, 2016

A Walk in My Week + More


Good morning, happy Friday!
I neglected to prep for the post I had planned to share with you today, but I thought it would be fun to share a little walk through my recap and some other updates. This post will be a little different than my typical A Walk in my Week posts (here and here), so I hope you enjoy it!

Monday
Monday honestly feels like so long ago.  I spent the day with the Language Arts teachers at the school where I'll be student teaching at. I had the opportunity to join them in doing curriculum planning for the year.  I did a little blogging in the afternoon and was able to get in a yoga session before dinner with my family. 

Tuesday
I spent the morning relaxing and mentally preparing for my exam. I took my PRAXIS exam, explored a nearby town with my brother where we got Chipotle, enjoyed a little nap, and played in my field hockey summer league. After my game, I enjoyed a little fire with s'mores on our patio.

Wednesday
Wednesday morning I took some time to work on the blog and get some stuff done around the house (laundry, cleaning, etc.). In the afternoon, I went to work for several hours. 

Thursday
I took another PRAXIS exam, tried out a new recipe with my friend (blog post to come soon), and played in my summer league for field hockey. 

Friday
Today is Friday and I have to tell you I'm just not feeling the usual hype over Fridays. I picked up an extra shift at work (yay for extra money!), so this weekend I'll be working three nine hour shifts. Lots of time at work. I"m not complaining because I do enjoy where I work, but it's just a little tougher to be excited about the weekend when it's filled with work. 
Other updates and ramblings:
+ I cannot believe the summer is already half way over. The time is flying by and there is still so much I have to get done and things I wanted to do. 

+In exciting news, I have officially passed my PRAXIS exams which will make me dual certified for grades 4-8 math and language arts. The only thing that stands between me and my certification is a semester of student teaching. 

+I'm working on my editorial calendar for August, so if there are any posts you'd like to see please let me know! I love hearing what your input is. 

+My newest read: The Friends We Keep  by Holly Chamberlin

+Current playlist that's on repeat: FUN workout on Spotify

+The tragedy in Nice, France is heartbreaking. It's a great reminder to always be kind to your loved ones and to never take anything for granted.

+There's so much hype over Pokemon Go right now. Confession- I'm just not into it and I don't quite understand why everyone is so #obsessed. Anyways, my mom found this video the other day and I just couldn't resist sharing it with you- Chardonnay Go!

+Remember to take my reader survey this weekend, if you haven't done so already!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend! 
What are your plans for the weekend?
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I always work on Saturdays, so when everyone else is getting excited for the weekend it is difficult for me to feel the same way! And congrats on passing your exam!

    Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about passing your exam! Congratulations!

    Tori
    www.mooretori.com

    ReplyDelete