Header

Friday, February 5, 2016

A Walk in my Week


Welcome to my second ever walk through the week.  Last month I switched things up from my regular Friday post and I received nothing but positive feedback.  This week was week three of Spring semester, the first week in February, and the fifth week of 2016.  Read below for a glance at my week:

The Weekend:
On Monday I shared that I attended my university's Fraternity and Sorority life Awards.  While my chapter might not have received Sorority of the Year again, we did qualify for excellence in all six areas of qualification. We even received overall excellence in community service, which is a great improvement.  I had the pleasure of accepting the award of Panhellenic President of the year for 2015.  This award is given to one Panhellenic, on Fraternity, and one Black Latino Greek Council President.  I was in shock when my name was the one called after a speech filled with all these wonderful things that women of my chapter wrote.  Receiving this award is definitely the cherry topper to my presidency. If you didn't read about my life as Sister President, then you can check it out here to realize why I appreciate this acknowledge so much. 

Monday:
Believe it or not this was my first Monday filled with classes so far this semester. I have a three hour class, a break, a two hour class, and then another three hour class to finish up the day.  It was definitely a long day. I think Mondays will be my least favorite day of the week this semester.  Despite it being a long day I was able to find some humor in life.  Check out my embarrassing story here. I finished off the day by watching the Bachelor.  

Tuesday:
This was definitely my favorite day this week.  I woke up early and went to the gym for an early morning workout. I love going to the gym early because it's empty, but I hate waking up and going there when it's still dark out.  I spent the morning volunteering with a few sisters at our philanthropy, Ronald McDonald House Charities. We drove to one of the nearby houses and helped them organize all the Wishlist donations they had received during the holiday season. I couldn't help but smile when I saw how generous people have been.  The rest of the day was spent doing homework.  Later in the night,  Todd and I drove into Philadelphia to see the Flyers play.  It was a fun night out, and I was able to have some crab fries, which always makes me a happy camper. 

Wednesday:
The word lazy pretty much defines this day.  It poured rain pretty much all day long, which made getting out of bed a bit of a struggle.  This was my last day of not having field, so I took full advantage of it. I attended my two classes in leggings and a crew neck sweatshirt paired with my Hunter Boots. I watched some Netflix and took a power nap in between two classes too. Later in the day I spent some time drafting blog posts.  


Friday:
Today I'll be catching up on reading blog posts I missed this week and getting ahead on drafting next week's posts. Starting next week I'll be spending about fifteen hours a week in field, so I want to make sure I'm still able to publish posts for y'all to read despite being busier.  

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!