Header

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Starbucks Copycat Iced Green Tea

It's Wednesday and back to reality for me. I just got back from spending the past five days down at the beach. The holiday weekend was quite relaxing filled with food, friends, family, boating, and the beach- but more to come on that at a later time! Now that the holiday weekend has come to an end, I am working on being healthier- eating better and exercising more. 

For the next two weeks the temperature is supposed to stick somewhere around the 90s.  This heat wave is definitely going to make staying cool a little tricky. During the hot temperatures it is best to stay away from sugary drinks and looks towards water/gatorade to stay hydrated. I don't know about you, but there is only so much water I can drink before I start to get tired of it. After I've drank my daily dose of water (64-90 oz.), I'm ready for something else to drink. During the hot summer days my go to is iced green tea. Starbucks and Panera both have great iced green teas, but stopping at either of these places on a daily basis can break the bank after awhile.  

My mom and I both love sipping on this refreshing drink and several years ago we took the time to concoct our own version. Today I'm sharing with you a copycat recipe to Starbucks iced green tea sweetened. 


Ingredients:
4 cups Boiling hot water
4 Tazo green tea bags
1/4 cup sugar in the raw
ice

Directions:
One:
Boil four cups of hot water

Two: 
Once the water has boiled, pour it into a large container and add the four tea bags. Let the tea brew for at least twenty minutes. 

Three: 
Add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix it into the freshly brewed tea. Taste the mixture and add sugar if you'd like it to be sweeter. 

Four: 
Put the mixture into the fridge to chill for several hours.

Five: 
Pour the tea into a glass of ice and enjoy!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. umm you just became my life support for this! Thanks girlfriend! love your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete