Header

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Goals




Good morning! Welcome to 2016. I hope y'all had a wonderful and safe New Years Eve filled with fun.  Today I'm linking up with Ashley over at Lilly & Lemons to chat about some of my goals for the year. Tis the season for people to make goals and quickly forget about them.  I am personally huge fan of goal setting. Setting goals provides me with guidance and focus in life.  Goals can come in all shapes and sizes. I think people frequently get their "New Year Resolutions" confused with long term dreams goals. While a year is a long time, people often think it is enough time to accomplish goals that realistically can't be set in a year's worth of time.  In order for goals to be achieved they need to be SMART- specific, measurable, achievable, and time-bound. Well, surprisingly I don't set new year resolutions! 

Two years ago, in 2014, I decided to stop setting new year resolutions and change my long term goal setting into more of a bucket list type ordeal.  I chose to create a 101 things in 1001 days goal list.  I haven't been too diligent at checking things off the list.  My 1001 days expires on September 30th of 2016.  Needless to say I don't have a ton of time left to accomplish the remaining 60 things on my list.  I am hoping to conquer at least 30 of the remaining items before the time expires, so stay tuned to read about these adventures! 

So how am I going to get all of this done? I plan to choose 5 things to do each month for the next eight months.  Breaking the list down into smaller chunks makes it seem more doable.  Although I don't set big new year resolutions I do set monthly goals and during the semester I event set weekly goals.  

January's Goals:
one.
Schedule my next set of PRAXIS exams. Continue to study for these tests. 
two.
Complete my 30 day fitness challenge! 
three.
Complete five tasks on my 101 in 1001 list. 
four.
Stick to the blogging calendar I've created. 
five. 
Finish creating my resume. 

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!