Header

Monday, January 18, 2016

Spring Semester Goals {Senior Year}


I love this phrase, "Goal digger".  I think it definitely is a great way to describe me. I am 90% goal oriented. I enjoy creating challenges for myself, working to achieve them, and celebrating my successes (small or large).  Within the first week of every semester, I like to set goals for myself. These help keep me motivated and push me to become better than I was the semester before.  I like to set a combination of goals that are easy and difficult to achieve.  
So what are my goals for this semester?

One: Get 8 hours of sleep every night
During the fall semester I wasn't great about this and eventually it caught up with me.  I am a person who needs their sleep.  Last semester I didn't do this and then during my breaks I would sleep for long amounts of time (15+ hours) trying to catch up on the rest I deprived myself of while at school. 

Two: Eat breakfast every day. 
Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Although I know this, it tends to be the meal of the day that I skip.  I found some great mason jar breakfast recipes, so I am looking forward to trying some of them out this semester.

Three: Workout 3-5 times a week. 
My university has a beautiful gym, and last semester I did not take advantage of it as much as I should have. I am working on developing healthy habits and being healthy is part of that.  Working out helps me stay focused and sane. 

Four: Get a 4.0 or at least make Dean's List. 
I have yet to get a 4.0, so yet again it's included in my list of semester goals. I have made Dean's List twice, so I would love to add a third semester to the list. 

Five: Pass the Praxis II
As an education major, the Praxis is the exam that helps certify me to be a teacher.  Since I am a Middle Grades Education Major I have to pass six parts in total. Last semester, I passed one section so I have five to go. 

Six: Blog five times a week. 
Time and time again I have talked about not being a good blogger. I blog inconsistently, but this semester I am taking a vow to be a reliable blogger. Blogging five times a week sounds like a lofty goal, but I have faith that I can achieve it. 

Seven: Create a morning routine. 
I am not quite a morning person, but I am definitely not a night owl either. This semester I would like to develop a morning routine that helps me become more of a morning person. This semester I only have classes three out of the five days, but I would still like to wake up early and be productive on my days off. I think establishing a routine this semester will help me transition into my final semester of college where I will be student teaching (#adulting).

Eight: Meal prep on Sundays. 
I love food and I enjoy cooking it too.  Just like every college student I am busy during the week.  By meal prepping on Sundays it will ensure that I am eating three healthy meals a day. 

Nine: Make time for me. 
I am slowly but surely getting better at this, but there is always room for improvement.  This is my last semester living on campus, so I am looking forward to making the most of it by having as much fun as possible. 

Ten: Create a budget and stick to it. 
Living in a town with many bars, great food, cute coffee shops, and numerous places to shop can make it easy to spend a lot of money.  This semester I am going to be more disciplined when it comes to spending money.

Good luck to those of you beginning a new semester! 
XOXO


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!