Header

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Studying Off Campus

Part of being in college means you have to spend a decent amount of time each week studying. I think everyone has their own definition of what it means to study.  To me studying is completing any assignments, readings, writing papers, making flash cards, reviewing material, etc.  Basically any time you are interacting with content from a class you are studying.  Pretty much the only time you will catch me studying in the library is in between classes when I need to kill some time on campus or if I'm working on a group project/studying with a group for an exam.  The library usually becomes more of a social time for me.  I seem to always find people I know while I'm there and we spend more chatting or being silly than we do studying.  It's pretty much a guarantee that anytime I go to the library, I'll be able to find at least one of my sisters there. 

So I'm sure you are probably wondering if I don't study in the library, where do I go.. 
Well, there are several spots I like to go.  When I'm on campus studying diligently, you can usually find me in the math building or on the quiet floor of our student union. These two on-campus locations seem to be pretty distraction free for me, which allows me to have productive time to get work done.  If I'm at my apartment studying then you can find me sitting at the kitchen table, on my bed, or sitting at my desk.  My room doesn't have great wifi, so I spend a lot more time at the kitchen table than I do in my room.  

My favorite study spots are off-campus in town.  Most places in town offer free wifi, which is great.  There are so many great spots including dessert bars, coffee shops, and restaurants.  Right now my go to is a coffee and ice-cream bar.  They have homemade products and comfy seating.  I discovered this location during finals week fall semester.  I have yet to go back this semester, but I'm sure as the assignments begin to increase I'll be visiting there soon. I think it's good to study off campus because it gives you a change of scenery, there are less distractions, and it being out of the house forces you to get your work done. 

Where is your favorite study spot?

Keep up with my social media:
XOXO

15 comments:

  1. I didn't study well in the library either...and the worst part is that we had to do our sorority study hours there so you can imagine how often I had to go home and study more because I didn't spend my time studying at the library wisely.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERY time I go to the lib I always end up socializing haha. I need to start going to a coffee shop or something and really getting my work done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never went to the library to study since I worked there! I personally loved going to the coffee shop, and if my roommate and I had to do more than 2 hours of work we would drive 20 minutes to a starbucks to avoid running into anyone we knew and socializing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a junior in college and probably have been to the library 3 times and it was for school projects. The library just isn't for me, I love studying in my kitchen oddly enough!

    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so much work done in coffee shops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never work in public places when I was in school, I am too easily distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find I study better at home. I always end up wanting something that I don't have when I am out. Plus, at home I can wear my PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Studying at a coffee shop is my favorite way to study. I get so distracted at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was living on campus I never studied in the library, because I feel I could never get anything done, so I just studied in my room.

    xx,
    Amanda || www.fortheloveofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't study well at the library at all. I have ADHD and it goes haywire when I step foot in the library, so I always opt for a coffee house or outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great points. I always study best at home. I'm distracted if I am out of studying with others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coffe and ice cream don't sound too bad, even if you are studying! :-)

    XO,

    Hannah from HMS Jewels
    http://www.hmsjewels.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol..who studies in the library? not me..hahah. yumm that sounds like a deadly combo - Icecream & coffee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love studying in my living room at home. It's so comfy and I always bring like a big fluffy blanket and my pillow and it definitely sets the mood for my study time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a senior, I rarely go to the library to study or get work done anymore. I love doing it from my apartment or nearby coffee shops too! It's always fun finding new, quiet places to go on campus too.

    Lauren
    www.alilstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete