Header

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Essentials to a College Girl's Wardrobe

Happy Friday!
Today I'm here to share with y'all my first post in the Bloggers Back to School linkup series. Nicole of Empire Styles and Cathleen of Classy Cathleen have collaborated to create this  wonderful link up.  I was thrilled to have been invited to join them as they talk about Bloggers going back to school {#BloggersBTS}. I talked about it a little bit earlier this week {see here!}, but here is a little bit more information on it.  Every week in the month of August there will be a theme that is some how related to going back to school.  If this is the first time you are reading about the link up, don't worry because it's not too late to join. Just contact Nicole {empirestylesblog@gmail.com} and Cathleen {classycathleen@gmail.com} via email and they will add you to the list! The link up is great because you can post at your leisure throughout the week. Without further ado, I'll present to you some of my recommendations on college fashion. 
*This week's topic is Fashion*


Obviously I am missing a lot of items, but these are some of the essentials to my college wardrobe.  These are pieces that I use in both Fall and Spring semester. 

Riding Boots: These come in a variety of colors. You can dress them up or down, wear them to class or out and about, and are great for late Fall semester/early to mid spring semester. I have riding boots in chocolate, black and brown, and tan. In case you couldn't tell I am a huge fan of boots.

Bean Boots: Going to school in the North East means we get winter weather. Bean boots are great for  winter weather and fall festivities too. These can be paired with leggings and a sweater, a dress, or your favorite pair of jeans with a tee.

Sneakers: Most colleges require a lot of walking. It's great to have a pair of sneakers that you can wear to class, gym, and play intramural sports in.

Ballet Flats: These are definitely a must have.  They can be paired with a casual outfit for class or used to dress up for a fancier occasion.  Trust me, flats are the better choice when it comes to attending formals.

Flip Flops: These are great for the beginning of Fall semester and the end of Spring semester. I like to pair them with many different outfits.

Rain Boots: These come in handy frequently.  There's nothing worse than walking around campus with soaking wet shoes.  You can even add a liner to these and use them when it snows. I recommend purchasing a pair of bright colored rain boots because they brighten up a dreary day.

Printed and Solid Shorts: These are a great staple to have in your college wardrobe. They are versatile and can be paired with various tops to create a look that is perfect for (almost) any event.

Norts (Nike shorts): These are my go to for a comfortable outfit.  I like to pair these with a monogram shirt, sorority tee, or a workout top. You can wear them to the gym, class, hanging out with friends, or just lounging around.

Vest: It's good to have a vest in your college wardrobe.  Vests can be used in both semesters. They are stylish but also keep you warm. J.Crew always has a decent selection in the Fall and winter.

Monogram Tees: Long sleeve or short sleeve, I can promise you either way you will get a lot of wear out of these. This shirt can be paired with shorts, jeans, or leggings to make a cute and comfortable outfit for class.

Leggings and Jeans: These are both staples for me.  In the winter I wear these all the time. Leggings are great because depending what they are paired with, they can be dressed up or down. Jeans are always a must have because there's always an event you can wear jeans to.

Oversized Sweater: I have several of these that I wear year round. I usually purchase them when GAP is having a sale.  This can be worn with shorts on a chilly night, with jeans and a basic tee, or with sandals and jeans. I recommend purchasing a neutral color like gray, oatmeal, cream, or brown.

Little Black Dress: There are numerous opportunities to get dressed up during college. It's always good to have a little black dress in your closet.  For a conservative look, you can pair it with a sweater and flats. You can also pair it with some pumps for a dressier look too!

Rain Coat: See my thoughts above regarding rain boots. I have the same thoughts regarding a rain coat.  When it rains, I prefer to use a raincoat rather than an umbrella.

Sunglasses: I pair these with just about every outfit in both semesters. When it is sunny out these are a big help. You can wear these to a sporting event, walking to class, or when you are out and about on the weekends.

Stud earrings: Earrings are one thing that I don't leave the house without. I feel naked without them.  My go to earrings are a pair of pearls. It's great to have a pair of timeless earrings that can be used for all occasions.

Hat: This is a great item to have.  Those mornings when you hit snooze too many times, you can just throw on a hat and hide your messy hair underneath.

Tote: I use a gray Longchamp bag for my go to tote. I use a tote as my every day bag and sometimes I take it to class too.

Backpack: Some days I take more items to class with me than others. Days when I have to bring my laptop I usually use my backpack.  I think the reasoning for having this item is fairly self explanatory.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Your list is perfect! I can't wait to go back to school shopping! You have a lovely blog, check out mine! :)
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete