Header

Friday, January 18, 2013

Mother Daughter Date

Since I go back to school this Sunday sQs decided to take the day off of work yesterday, Thursday, so that she could spend the day with me.  We are extremely close, she is pretty much my best friend. She is my rock through everything.  I'm glad my college is less than an hour an a half from home because it allows her to come down and visit me frequently, which I love. 
So... what better mother daughter date than eating in a french cafe, vintage shopping, and browsing at the outlets. 

Brunch



We started out our day with brunch at Rachel's Creperie.  My mom had been here before with her sorority sister who lives in downtown Lancaster.  She knew I would love the cafe so, for once in our life,  deciding where to eat was a no brainer.

Fact: I'm a foodie.
I absolutely love food. No I am not picky, I just like to eat quality food and delicious tasting food.
Supposedly the head chef was trained in France, so cool!

For my main meal, pictured above, I had the Turkey Cordon Bleu.
 (Turkey, Ham, Brie Cheese, and Honey Dijon Dressing) 

For desert we split just a simple Crepe with nutella

Fact: I am obsessed with France especially Paris.
I took three years of french in high school. Since then I just have had this fascination with the country: the fashion, the food, the language, the houses, the museums, the Eiffel tower, & so much more.

 
The entire cafe was painted a golden color with black and white photographs taken in France. The tables were small bistro tables. On each table top was a mod podged collage of something French. On our table was things related to the story Madeline.  As a little girl this was one of my favorite stories, see even as a child was infatuated with France. 

I know this lamp is random for this post but I just got it last week and felt the need to share it.  sQs and I picked it up at target.  It's the newest edition to my dorm decor at WAC.

Vintage Shopping

After brunch we headed across the street to some neat vintage shops.  My favorite was called Building Character.  It was this big warehouse filled with mini shops.  
According to their website "It's a place that has used fashionable clothing and accessories, handmade jewelry and metal craft, antiques and collectibles, custom greeting cards and handcrafted ornaments by local craftspeople, most of whom employ green practices and recycling methods to create their inventory"

Outlets

Our final stop of the day was at the tanger outlets.






xoxo
-mQs-

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!