Header

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sorority Leadership Conferences



At the end of June I spent a long weekend in Atlanta, Georgia with Alpha Delta Pi sisters from across the United States and Canada.  I flew to the Peach State, representing my university, with my chapter president and one other sister.  This year was not a convention year for us, but instead we had two types of leadership conferences Impact and Leadership Seminar. Impact, which I attended, was for rising leaders in the chapter to attend, while Leadership Seminar was a leadership workshop for chapter presidents.  The whole weekend was quite an experience from maneuvering an airport that had its own subway, finding out my roommate would be a total stranger, getting to see my sorority's memorial headquarters, and just listening to the stories that other sisters had to tell about their chapters. 

Yes, this is the country singer Deanna Carter pictured with us!
She gave us a mini concert our last night at the conference.

It was an unforgettable weekend that I am so fortunate to have attended.  I loved making new friends, learning things to bring back to my own chapter, polishing my leadership skills, and just being totally immersed in so much Greek love. 

I do have to admit that reading TSM articles is my guilty pleasure just because of how ridiculous they are sometimes.  The other day as I was browsing the site I came across this article and actually completely agreed with it.  TSM does it right this time.  Check out the article on the 10 things you'll learn from attending convention or something like it.

Did any of you attend your sorority's leadership conference this summer?
xoxo
-mQs-

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!