Header

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Monogrammed Lilly Binder Covers

Awhile ago I wrote a post about how to create your own monogrammed binder covers.  It has been my most popular post to date.  

I thought it would be fun to share with you how I make my binder covers now.  Since that last post I've definitely changed up my binder cover making.

1. Create your monogram here

2. Screen shot your monogram using command + shift + 4


3. Choose your print. I always use pinterest or tumblr to find my print. 

4. Save the print to your computer.

5. Open Microsoft Word

6. Copy and paste the print into a word document

7. Under format picture select wrap text and square. This allows you to edit the dimensions of the background.

8. Stretch the print so that it covers the entire page.

9. Insert a circle. Under the insert tab select shapes and choose the shape of your choice.  Select a color that is not the main color of the print you are working with. I like to add a white or black outline to the circle to make it stand out. 

10.Insert the monogram. Create a new text box to insert the monogram into. You will have to play around with the text box to format it properly into your circle. Every one's monogram is different so they each will fit a little differently into the circle.

11. Insert ribbon at the bottom of the page using insert and shape. 

12. Insert a text box and type what you would like to appear at the bottom of your binder cover. I use two binders- one for my MWF classes and another for Tues/Thurs classes. 

13. Now you have your finished product!

Enjoy making your binder covers!
xoxo
-mQs-





2 comments:

  1. these look awesome, thanks for sharing how to make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is such a good idea, and I'm definitely going to have to try making some!

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete