Header

Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Break: Staycation Style



 This week I've seen tons of packing lists for cold weather spring break trips, packing lists for the warm spring break get away, and other tips and tricks for going away for break.  However, I haven't read much about the perfect staycation for college spring break. Today I'm sharing with you a spring break to do list for those of you are opting for a Staycation this year.


Sleep
We all know that every college student could use a little mid semester R&R (rest and relaxation). What better time to catch up on the sleep you missed during mid terms than during Spring Break? Take advantage of your week filled with free time by sleeping in. Enjoy not having to wake up to an alarm. 

Get Active
This will look a little different depending where your staycation is occurring. For me, in Pennsylvania, I'll be enjoying some unseasonably warm 70 degree weather.  The first half of the week I will be taking advantage of the empty recreation center at school, and then the second half of the week I'm hoping to get outside. Find a new trail and go for a hike with a friend or your dog.  There are tons of trails around you just have to give it a google! 

Bake
When I'm home, I love to take advantage of having a full kitchen stocked with all the ingredients and appliances needed to bake a sweet treat.  If you're in need of a recipe, checkout this lemon cake over at What Olivia Did

Catch Up
During the semester it can be difficult to keep up with your favorite TV series. Take advantage of the down time and watch the episodes you've missed, or if you are all caught up start a new series on Netflix. Some Netflix series to checkout include House of Cards, Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce, Madam Secretary, West Wing, Fuller House, Love, Master of None, and Cooked

Pinned it, Crafted it
I'm willing to bet that most of you have a few DIY projects pinned to one of your pinterest boards.  Spend a day actually completing a few projects you've always thought about doing. 
If you need some inspiration, check out my board.

Catch up with friends
Most colleges have their Spring Break this upcoming week. Chances are not every single one of your friends are going on an extravagant trip.  Spend some time catching up with an old friend. 

Take a day trip
There's lots of things to do within a two hour radius of my house. I was thinking it might be fun to take a day trip to a nearby city, the beach,  or even an aquarium. Checkout what's within a two hour radius from you, grab a friend, and head out for an adventure. You don't have to leave the country to go on a trip. 

Be a local tourist
I'm sure there's lots of little things to do or explore within a short distance of your town. Do a little research and spend some time checking the places out. Sometimes it's fun to view our own areas through a different sense. Who knows, you might find a new coffee shop, park, or store that you never knew about! 

Next week, I'll be taking more teaching certification (Praxis exams) and then heading back home to my parents' house for the second half of break. I'm looking forward to doing some of the things on the list above, snuggling with my dog, hanging out with my family, and spending time with my best friend. 

Today I'm also linking up with Olivia from NC Prepsters' Spring Break Link up. Check out her post and many others here! 

12 comments:

  1. Getting crafty and going for a hike sounds great!! Hopefully we'll be able to do that this spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm staying home for spring break to and plan on taking advantage of all the quiet time!

    XO, Rachel
    www.seashellsandsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of staycation style spring breaks when I was in college because I went to school in Miami. There really wan't much of a reason to leave, so I always enjoyed being a local tourist.

    All the Best,
    Allison | www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas. During college I only got to spend one spring break taking a trip. The rest I spent at home working, you've definitely got some great ideas for that. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'll be traveling, I'll definitely be catching up on my sleep this spring break!!

    xo
    Sami
    www.theclassicbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Ideas! I love the sleep part XD, definitely will take advantage of rest time and Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Staycations are my absolute favourite! Love nothing more than sleep and time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel like I neeeeeed to catch up with my friends after a busy school term. Between courses, studying, exams and tests, I tend to put friendships on the back burner. Spring break is a great time to schedule in ALLL the brunch dates with ALL the friends. :P

    Christie's Take on Life. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your ideas on how to have a great stay-cation! I hope you have a great Spring Break! Thanks for participating in my linkup :) XOXO Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I wanted to head out to a tropical destination for spring break it wasn't feasible this year and ended up heading to my parents house! I've been loving relaxing here though and having my own staycation
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these tips. My spring breaks are always stay-cations, because it just makes more sense for me. Plus my birthday is usually during the break and I like to spend that with my family. I usually sleep a bit because I am usually very deprived, and I also usually make the trip 45 minutes to Memphis, TN and spend the day on Beale Street with my family.

    ReplyDelete