Header

Friday, March 20, 2015

Makeup and Cosmetics as Told by Lindsey

Today's post is brought to you by my blogging friend and sorority sister, Lindsey. She has a lifestyle blog called Lindsey's ThoughtsLindsey and I met a few years back and instantly were intrigued by each other's blog to then find out we shared more commonalities than a love for fashion, college organization, and dogs. We both were sisters of Alpha Delta Pi. She is a great writer and has some awesome posts! I can promise you that this will not be the last guest post you will see from Lindsey!


Hi Y’all,

I asked Michaela to guest post and she said the only way she would is if I returned the favor, so of course I agreed!

She told me to post about anything I wanted so I went on her blog and looked at some of her recent posts. One that stood out to me was her 101 in 1001 Update post. I’m doing it, too! While I need to update it, here’s my list.

While I can’t help her attend a wedding (sorry, I’m not getting married anytime soon), and she can’t have me over for a dinner party (so silly being 5+ hours away), just by writing this post, I’ve helped her out with #48 (have a guest blogger) and #7 (be a guest blogger) and I’m going to help her out with another one, #56 (learn how to do my makeup) by giving some tips that I use daily!

I have self taught myself everything I know about makeup and cosmetics. My mom doesn’t wear makeup at all.

Here are some tips that I find useful:
  1. stick to neutrals. This way, if you mess up, it’s not as noticeable.
  2. mascara is a must. No matter your eye color, eye size, etc. wear mascara. It’s super easy and you can’t really mess it up. And if a little gets on your face, wait for it to dry and then take a q-tip and spin it on the spot.
  3. don’t use a colored face powder. I use the translucent one that Revlon makes. This way, it doesn’t make your skin pale or cakey.
  4. If you need help finding a shade, go to Sephora (if you want to spend a little more money on Foundation, which I think is the only true product you have to buy high-end for this reason). At Sephora they can match your skin color and pick out a product that suits your skin. They did this for me and I love everything they chose!


If you need inspriation for an “everyday look” (which I what I do, even for events like formal), I check out youtube.

Here are some favorite videos of mine:

And for giggles, here’s a makeup routine, I did sophomore year of college

And here are some blog posts:
(Updated) Daily Makeup Routine (Southern Curls and Pearls)
Makeup Essentials (The College Prepster)
My Makeup Routine (The College Prepster)


Hopefully some of these help!

Thanks for having me, Michaela!



xx,

Lindsey

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!