Header

Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Five: Spring Break

Spring Break 2015, you were the relaxation time I was in dire need of.  Spending my break at home, in Pennsylvania, was probably the best thing I could have done for myself.  While it would have been great to escape to a warm tropical oasis, I was in need of some relaxation and sleep.  This semester has been going by so quickly and I have been working so hard that I was beginning to wear myself out.  

One: Friday Night Lights
This is my new favorite series to binge watch.  It has a great story line filled with sports, high school drama, family dynamics, and a love story or two.  I'm a little late to the FNL bandwagon, but better late than never right? Shout out to my sister, Sophie, who recommended it to me the day before break began. 

Two: Half Marathon Training
Two and a half weeks until I complete my first Half Marathon.  I haven't stuck to my training schedule 100%, but this week has provided me with a break through.  This morning I hit a training milestone of nine miles.  I am loving the Spring weather! This week it allowed me to run outside instead of on the treadmill.  Training outside has brought some new aches to my body, needless to say my foam roller and I have been spending quality time together. 

Three: Paint and Sip
On Wednesday I went to a Paint and Sip, the new thing that everyone has been talking about.  The business that provides the artist and supplies hosted the event at an asian restaurant.  The combination of sushi, wine, painting, and friends that I love was perfection.  I am not artistic at all and somehow I managed to create a piece of art that is worthy of hanging on the wall.  I highly recommend y'all try this out if you haven't yet! 

Four: Lovely Bones
This week I took some time to read for fun.  This has not happened in a long time.  After wandering around the library for a solid thirty minutes, my book of choice was Lovely Bones.   So far I am enjoying the dark read.  

Five: Naps
Who doesn't love a good nap? Naps are one of my favorite things! I usually don't have time to take them, so this week I made it my goal to take one every day.  Mission accomplished. Plus I even got to take a rainy day nap, the best kind out there. 

Monday it will be back to reality.  There are only seven weeks left before finals week.  The time is going to pass by quickly.  A sneak peak into the second half of my semester includes: running my first half marathon, volunteering to help raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities, Spring Formal, Greek Week, watching Todd play his last season of college tennis, coaching field hockey, a possible trip to see my best friend, and enjoying the warmer weather. 

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I've been wanting to go to a Paint and Sip, for all I hear are great reviews! Sounds like you had a relaxing break.

    ReplyDelete