Header

Monday, January 23, 2017

Mother-Daughter Date: Brunch

The bond between a mother and her daughter is one that is different for everyone.  For me, I'm lucky to have a great relationship with my mom. Sure we bump heads every once in awhile, but the majority of the time we get along and enjoy spending time together. The older I get the more I appreciate her. She's my go to person for advice, is always willing to binge watch reality television shows with me, shares my shopping addiction, loves good food, and is always willing to open a bottle of wine with me.  Last week she had a day off from work, so we decided to go to brunch together.  We headed out to one of the best brunch spots in our area, Terrain

For those of you who aren't familiar with Terrain. It's part of the URBN brand (Anthropologie, Free People, Urban Outfitters, Vetri restaurants, BHLDN weddings).  Terrain is a combination of an upscale home store, garden center, and garden cafe.  I actually work part time in their home store (talk about loving your part-time job!).  It's a fun place to both work and shop at.  They have two stores, one in Pennsylvania and the other in Connecticut.  If you live too far away to check it out, then you can follow along from a distance through their Instagram or online store

We enjoyed people watching, chatting, and raving about how great each part of our meal was. When we go out to eat together we usually split everything. One, there's usually more than one item on the menu we want to try.  Two, neither one of us can eat a ton in one sitting.  Three, we always want dessert.  Four, it's all about moderation! So just like every other time we go out, we decided to split our meal.  

We started out with the bread the restaurant gives you when you sit down. It was sweet, light, and fluffy served with a sea salt honey butter. The decadent combination just melted in your mouth. I think we would have been satisfied just eating more bread as our meal.  We then opted to split a breakfast board and order of truffle fries.  We are both loves are fries, especially truffle fries with parmesan cheese! The breakfast board was delicious. It was complete with two fried eggs, brioche toast, bacon, sausage, and a small pile of home fries.  After finishing our meal and browsing the dessert menu, we opted to finish our brunch with a little ice cream. We split two scoops of the richest chocolate ice cream and orange curd ice cream. These two flavors together was just the perfect way to end a meal.  As the check came, I quickly took it and let my mom know that it was my treat.  It's nice to treat the woman who is always treating you! 











After brunch, we headed to the coffee shop for a hot coffee and tea to sip on as we walked around the store. The store has tons of inspiration for DIY projects, home decor, and health/beauty tips & tricks.  We managed to get through without purchasing anything, but we did snap a few pictures along the way.



Who do you love to brunch with?
XOXO

12 comments:

  1. This all looks delicious! Terrain is such an awesome place! Got to love that Free People, Anthro, Urban style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything looks so good!!! I love having mother daughter lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brunch! It's my favorite meal. I enjoy brunching with my hubby and our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh mouth watering. I have a good relationship with my mom too, such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mother daughter dates are an absolute must in my book! my favorite memories come from things my mom & I do together, and I'm so thankful for all of them. x, nicole // www.nicoleeigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I am literally salivating! this is my kind of meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! My mom or my friends are probably the ones I would brunch all the time with.

    Alix | www.apintsizedlifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This whole brunch look delicious! It looks like you had a love brunch with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love going out to eat with my mom!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh so sweet! now I need to go find some cute local brunch spots. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like the cutest place! I love mother daughter dates! I miss spending so much time with mom dang university

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those fries look amazing! I love mamma/daughter time, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete