Header

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Day Filled with Food and Sisters

The nice thing about going to a university on the outskirts of a thriving town are all the food options available, outside of the on-campus food venues. I eat pretty well since I commute, and I am not restricted to the dining facilities on campus.  The town I go to school in has a ton of great food options, sometimes I forget how great they all are! On Monday, I had a day full of delicious food.  I started off my morning with a 7:30 breakfast meeting at a local cafe.  If you have to meet so early, then there might as well be some good food involved! I met with some of my fellow ADPi officers to prepare for the upcoming business in our chapter.  This was a great way to start off my day! I had the Farmer's omelet with tomatoes, peppers, and cheese.

Later on that day I went to dinner with one of my sisters who is Jewish, she was breaking pass over a day early (oops!). We went to a market in town. This market has tons of options including: fresh salads, gourmet pizza, sandwiches made to order, fresh baked bread, homemade pastas, baked goods, coffee flowers, etc.  

I had a slice of tomato pie with fresh mozzarella on top, and I also had a tortellini salad with zucchini, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spinach. 

The food was delicious, and what made it even better is that the weather was nice enough for us to sit outside! 

I also bought some macaroons to take home to my mom.  I can never resist macaroons! I truly believe that food has the capability of bringing people together because that is what happened today.

Xoxo
-mQs-


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!