Header

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Appreciation ABC's

Sometimes it is important to take a step back and be thankful for all the great things in your life.  About a month ago Gina Alyse had a great post about that and she inspired me to do something similar. 

The ABC's of what I appreciate and what I am thankful for in life

A-Academics, it is because of the importance of this I will, hopefully, have a job in the future.

B- My brother, we are three and a half years apart. He is younger than me, but we get along so well. He is one of my best friends. Life would be so different without him, I would be an only child. Such an odd thought.

C- The opportunity I had the past two months to help coach my high school field hockey team.  This was the first time in seven years that I did not play field hockey in the Fall because I transferred to a different college.  Coaching really filled the void I had from not playing.  I always knew I wanted to become a coach, I just never imagined that it would happen this early on in my life.  Yesterday ended the season, but I am so thankful that I was able to spend the time I did helping younger girls improve as an athlete.

D- My dad, he inspires me every day and is one of my biggest supporters. His wise words always help guide me through difficult times.

E- Encouragement, words that inspire me to keep going and be better.

F-Friends and family. Those people who pick me up when I am down.  Who have been there for me since day one. Provide me with encouragement and advice.  Who love me unconditionally.

G- Getting a good night's rest.  I have been incredibly busy lately, and I have not been getting the amount of sleep that my body needs.  This makes me really appreciate the rare occasions that I get to sleep for an unlimited amount of time.

H- Being healthy.  I am fortunate to be healthy, not sick.  I also appreciate the fact that I am able to eat rather healthy with little effort to avoid junk food.

I- The inspiration I get from pinterest. 

J- Naked Juice.  This stuff is seriously the best. I drink it multiple times a week. It is a great mid day booster to provide you with energy.

K- Kind people, who care more about others than themselves.

L-All the love I have in my life thanks to my friends, family, boyfriend, dog, etc.

M- My mom, she is seriously the best.  Without her guidance and support, I would definitely be lost.  She constantly inspires me and helps me become a better person.  She is always there to cheer me up after a bad day.

N- Naps! I absolutely love napping, even if it is just a 20 minute power nap.  

O- My optimistic outlook on things.  I think if I were a pessimistic person I would not be nearly as happy of a person as I am.

P- Pumpkin flavored everything.  I absolutely love anything pumpkin, and this time of the year is best for it.

Q- Quotes that bring me daily inspiration and motivate me when I need it.

R- Random acts of kindness.  When somebody says bless you when I sneeze, or holds the door open.  It is these small acts that make such a difference.

S- Sisters. My new Alpha Delta Pi sisters.  It is because of some of you that my transition into my new school is becoming easier lately.  I can't wait to get to know each of you better on our  journey of transitioning ADPi West Chester from a colony to an actual chapter.

T-  The time I get to spend doing nothing, just relaxing.

U- Uniqueness of every day.  No two days are identical to each other.

V- The small victories in life like going to put money in a parking meter and discovering that the person before you left some time for me.

W- Working out. In the past month or so I haven't been doing this regularly, but next week I can't wait to start doing this again.  It is exercising that provides my mind with clarity.

X- excellent home cooked meals I get, since I am commuting to school from home.

Y- You, my blog followers. A big thank you goes out to all of you. It is your viewing and commenting on my posts that encourages me to continue to blog each day. I love hearing your feedback, so please keep commenting. 
  
Z- Zig zag patterns that create chevron


Take a moment to think about what you are thankful for.
Xoxo
-mQs-

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I may have to do something like this soon, too. :-)

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you put for Z! Haha chevron is the best. Super cute idea for a post!

    xoxo Jenny
    www.sprinklesandsundresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all of these! Especially anything pumpkin and working out! I just worked out today for the first time in forever and it felt great. I hope you have a great weekend and get a chance to rest!

    And thanks for the shout out, girl!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete