Header

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hooping is a Lifestyle

Do you ever get bored with the usual workout of running, abs, yoga, etc...I know I do.  Just this week, my mom introduced me to a type of exercise called hooping. Some people may know it as hoop dance. It is a combination of exercise, dance, and fun using a large weighted hoop.  It sounds quite ridiculous and I'm sure you're thinking how can this even be considered a workout, but I have been doing this for two days and I am actually sore.  It really works on your core muscles.  Some benefits to hooping include developing strong abdominal muscles, works on coordination and balance, sculpts your thighs and butt, tones your arms, and relieves stress.  My stomach is my weakness, so I am hoping this helps to tone it. A family friend of ours makes these hoops.  They are only $20 and well worth the money too!

There are tons of websites and videos out there on how to hoop, hooping tricks, and more! 


Have any of you ever done hooping before?


On a different note:
The Shore Life According to M is now on Facebook! Like my page, here you can write comments on my blog posts, my blog in general, or future posts you would like to see! Click the link on the right hand side of the blog.  You can also follow my instagram and pinterest accounts too!

Smile, it's almost Friday!
xoxo
-mQs-


4 comments:

  1. This is honestly so cool! Could I start out with a plastic Dollar Tree one though?
    M
    maggieroyce.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun! Unfortunately you can't do it with a regular hula hoop

      Delete
  2. This looks really, really cool, I can't wait to try it out!

    -Em xx
    A Pile of Good Things

    ReplyDelete