Header

Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Essential School Supplies

Today I'm here to share with y'all my first post in the Bloggers Back to School linkup series. Nicole of Empire Styles and Cathleen of Classy Cathleen have collaborated to create this  wonderful link up. This week's topic is school supplies. I've said it before and I will say it again. I love school supplies. It's hard for me to go into my local Target without wandering down the office/school supplies isles.  I love to color code things and keep a neat calendar.  I like to keep my school stuff incredibly organized, which calls for certain school supplies. Staying organized in college looks a lot different than your high school organizational techniques. So how do I  stay organized in college? These items play a huge role in keeping my schoolwork organized. 
Agenda: This is where I write down all of my assignments, to do lists, meeting times/locations, and sorority events. My agenda helps me remember where I need to be and what I need to do on a daily basis. 

Folders: I have two folders. One that I use for my Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes and another one I use for my Tuesday/Thursday classes. I keep all of the syllabuses in these folders along with any papers I need for the week. At the end of each week, I empty my folder out and put the papers in my binder. 

Binder: I use one binder a semester. This binder usually isn't something that I bring to classes unless we are studying for an upcoming exam.  This binder contains all of my papers for each of my courses. 

Dividers: I place one divider for each class into the binder. I prefer to use dividers that have pockets in them because I can place papers that haven't been whole punched there.  At the end of the end of the week, I whole punch each of the papers and place them in their correct section. 

Notebooks: Since I don't bring my binder with me to classes, I use the notebooks to take all of my notes in. I usually write my notes during lecture and then re-write them when I am studying. 

Black Pens: I prefer to use G2 ball point pens for my black pens because they make my handwriting look more neat.  I like to use black pens for my lab assignments and to take notes. I also use them to write my to do lists as well. 

Highlighters: I use these for my agenda organization, for in class note taking and when I am studying. Using colors helps me remember what information is the most important. 

Colored Pens: These help to make note taking more interesting. I also use these to help me keep my agenda organized. I mentioned color coding at the beginning of this post, and these pens are basically what I use to color code things. 

Now that it's the second week of classes, it's time to start getting organized. I hope my list of school supplies helps you start your year off more organized than ever!

XOXO


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved color coding my agenda and notes. I really think it makes things interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete