Header

Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer of Something New Week 5

Happy Friday!
I am finally back on a normal blog posting schedule, I hope. 
Today is Week Five of the Summer of Something New Challenge.  
Remember to check out Week OneWeek TwoWeek Three, and Week Four

 I made my own guacamole for the first time this week.  I have always been a huge fan for guacamole, but this Summer I found my love for avocados.  I literally eat them all the time.  They taste good and they are good for you! An excellent source of natural fats and oils.  Anyways, I had put on my Summer bucket list to make guacamole so I was excited that I  finally got the chance to make it.

I had planned to use this recipe from allrecipes.com, but as I started to cook I quickly strayed away from the recipe making my own modifications. 

Ingredients:

2 Avocados
1/3 of an Onion chopped finely
1/2 clove of garlic, mashed
1/2 Tomato, chopped
1/2 Lime, juiced
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper for taste

Directions:
Peel and cut avocados. 

 Then smash them in a bowl.  I used a potato smasher because my avocados weren't quite ripe.
Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season as needed with more lime juice, salt, and pepper.  The recipe recommends to chill the guacamole for thirty minutes before eating, but I didn't do this and it still tasted wonderful!


 This was enough guacamole for four people.  We ate it on our fish tacos and with tortilla chips too.

If you liked reading my posts, you will certainly enjoy reading the other ladies who are participating in this challenge:

Xoxo
-mQs-



1 comment: