Header

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Lox + Cream Cheese


Today I'm sharing one of my favorite food combinations- Lox + Cream Cheese. This dynamic duo is amazing and can be paired in so many different ways! You can have it in an omelet for breakfast, on a flat bread, with a bagel, on pizza, as a sandwich, as a dip, and so many other ways.  Needless to say you can have it as a snack, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Recently my favorite way to eat it is on top of a flat bread with a fried egg on top.  I had something similar to it at brunch, in the winter, and ever since then I have been working to recreate it at home. 


Ingredients: 
flat bread or nan bread
block of cream cheese
Lox (salmon)
Capers
Dill

Directions:
One:
Heat the bread up according to the directions on the package. The crispier your bread is the better!
Two:
Spread the cream cheese onto the flat bread. 
Three:
Spread a pinch of the dill on top of the cream cheese
Four:
Add the capers. I don't like a ton of these, so I usually only put a little bit on. 
Five:
Add several pieces of salmon on top
Six:
You can fry an egg and put it on top or just dig right in.


I hope you enjoy this tasty dish as much as I do!

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!