Header

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day Snack Time

Happy Thursday.  Surprise- today is my sixth snow day of the Spring semester! Last night we got a foot or so of snow. Although I have tons of school work to catch up on, I've spent the first half of my day doing things that make me happy.  I woke up and got a solid workout in, drank some tea, ate some brunch, and then baked a tasty treat- which leads me to the topic of today's post.

This morning when I was looking through Pinterest, I came across a recipe for French Toast Roll Ups.  The picture looked so enticing, but I wasn't a huge fan of the recipe, so I decided to create my own rendition.

Strawberry and Nutella Crescents


Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes 
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients:
Nutella
8-10 Strawberries
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Sugar
Cinnamon


Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 375.

One: Rinse strawberries and cut them into small bite-size pieces

Two: Unroll the crescents so that you have 8 triangles.

Three: Place a spoonful of Nutella at the thick end of the triangular shaped crescent.


Four: Place strawberries on top of the Nutella.  
Use a generous amount of strawberries, but not too 
many so that you are able to roll the crescent without 
the contents spilling out.

Five: Roll the crescent up carefully so that the Nutella and Strawberries do not leak out the sides.

Six: In a small bowl mix some cinnamon and sugar.

Seven; Place the roll up in the cinnamon sugar mixture. 
 Coat the crescent completely, on all sides.

Eight: Place the roll up on a tray 

Nine: Repeat steps 1-8 until all 8 crescent rolls are complete.

Ten: Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Eleven: Let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying!



Xoxo
-mQs-

3 comments:

  1. I've actually never had Nutella before but these look so yummy!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these snow days are crazy, that looks so yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look divine!! And easy enough for a dorm kitchen... I might be making those tomorrow! ;-)

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete