Header

Friday, January 3, 2014

Goal Setting


For the past  month I have spent a lot of time thinking about New Year resolutions.  A large amount of people make fitness oriented goals, or they create a list that just is not realistic.  I decided that this year I wanted to take New Year resolutions to a new level.  I'll be twenty next month, and I feel like there is still so much that I haven't done in life.  What better time to start exploring everything out there than now.  I've read some blogs where bloggers have done 101 things in 1001 days.  After thinking about it, I decided that this would be a perfect thing to do to begin a New Year.  I'm not going with the whole "new year new me" motto, but instead it's a new year more adventurous me. 

What is it?
So if you have no idea what 101 things in 1001 days is, I'm sure you are very curious.  The idea is to make goal setting more realistic, but to add some dream things into it too.  You create a list of 101 things to do across 1001 days.  It is pretty self explanatory, but I really think the concept of this is awesome. I hope to inspire at least one other person to do this challenge, if you decide to do this too let me know!
Believe it or not, it is by no means easy to think of 101 things to do.  I am still creating my list but for now here is what I have. Check out my 101 in 1001 tab for updates as I add more things to my list, and I begin to complete things.



Start Date: January 3, 2014
End Date: September 30, 2016
(0 out of 101 complete)

  1. Come up with 101 things.
  2. Inspire somebody else to do 101 things in 1001 days.
  3. Attend a fitness class.
  4. Run a 10k
  5. Run a 5k
  6. Run a half marathon.
  7. Participate in a color run.
  8. Participate in a mud run
  9. Get a massage
  10. Actually complete a 30 day fitness challenge.
  11. Cook Dinner at least twice a month.
  12. Create a book of my mom's recipes that I love.
  13. Have dessert before dinner at a restaurant.
  14. Bake French cookies.
  15. Eat clean more frequently.
  16. Blog about 75 of the tasks I have completed.
  17. Hit 100 followers on my blog.
  18. Vlog at least one time.
  19. Blog every day for a month
  20. Meet a blogging friend in person.
  21. Do a blog giveaway.
  22. Be a guest blogger.
  23. Have bloggers guest blog on The Shore Life According to M.
  24. Complete a yearly savings plan.
  25. Go a month without buying any new clothes.
  26. Make Dean's List.
  27. Read 101 Books.
  28. Send 101 handwritten notes.
  29. Knit for charity.
  30. Leave a 100% tip somewhere.
  31. Pay for a stranger's bill somewhere.
  32. Send someone flowers randomly.
  33. Attend a wedding.
  34. Finish a puzzle with my Dad.
  35. Take part in More Love Lettering.
  36. Complete a scrapbook.
  37. Learn to sew.
  38. Paint a Lilly print.
  39. Travel some place outside of the United States.
  40. Obtain a passport
  41. Visit Philadelphia.
  42. Go to NYC at Christmas time.
  43. Attend the ballet.
  44. Go some place where the Ocean water is fairly clear.
  45. Go camping.
  46. Learn to Paddle Board.
  47. Go white water rafting.
  48. Have a picnic.
  49. Go to a Lilly warehouse sale.
  50. Go to a Penn State football game.
  51. Go snorkeling.
  52. Complete a 30 day photography challenge.
  53. Go to a wine tasting.
  54. Learn how to do my makeup.
  55. Plant a garden


xoxo
-mQs-

1 comment:

  1. I volunteer to help with #20!! :-)

    Love this though! I've seen a bunch of these challenges on different blogs and I love reading all of them!

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete