Header

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fresh Start

Many people view the start of a new year as a fresh start.  I've decided that it's time to clean up some things for this "fresh start" of a new year. I decided to start with some social media cleaning.

Pandora
Most people have had a pandora account for quite some time now.  I don't know a single person who only has listened to one or two stations since they have created their account.  During my new year cleaning I went from 32 stations to 10 on pandora.  I definitely don't listen to all of the stations I had, and now my account looks so much cleaner.

Pinterest
Who doesn't love pinterest? We all pin things then never look at them again. I am definitely guilty.  I had 70 boards and 2,154 pins before I did my cleaning.  Post cleaning I ended up with 40 boards and 1,831 pins.  I purged boards/pins I never used, pins that had bad links, and pins I pinned multiple times.

Facebook
Facebook friends. They have quite the variety. There are those people you met one time through a friend of a friend, family members, close friends, classmates, etc.  After awhile you realize that you don't talk to or care about some of these people.  This is when you know it's time for a Facebook clean out.  Recently I went through and deleted close to 100 "friends".

Phone
Clean out your phone. If you go through it, I bet you would be surprised how many contacts you don't need, how many old pictures you have, or notes saved that have become useless. I went through and deleted all my messages.  In the past year there has been a lot of drama, so it felt good to clear it all and start the new year with a clean slate.  I also deleted over 1,000 pictures.  

Cleaning out my social media felt nice, it was like a technology cleanse.

xoxo
mQs   

5 comments:

  1. That is a great way to start out the New Year! I recently deleted some contacts from my phone as well, and I tend to do Facebook "unfriending" sessions whenever I feel necessary haha. :-)

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I never thought to clean out my pandora account. I just went through my whole iTunes library though! And that took hours--I can't imagine how long a social media cleaning would take! But what an awesome way to start fresh :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I do this casually from time to time, but it would be great to really get everything uncluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the Facebook and phone cleanse yesterday! Someone once told me that if I wanted to find people to defriend on facebook, check the birthdays daily and if you see people there who you don't know well, or don't remember, just delete them!
    Happy 2014
    xo,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. I didn't even think of putting this on my list of to do's for the new year. Thanks for the idea!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete