Header

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Page 2 of 365

As promised, I'm back with another post. Shocker..I know right? I made a vow to be a better blogger, and I'm doing my best to keep my word. Today was day two of the new year. It was page two of our 365 day book. This 365 day book of mine is one that I am incredibly excited for. With a new year comes an opportunity to set the reset button. It is kind of funny to think about because realistically not much changes between December 31st and January 1st.  Many people spend the month of January obsessing over their resolutions just to fall off the train by mid February.  I have never been one to set resolutions. In the past I have set goals and done a 101 in 1001 list. The 101 lists have been so fun to make, but I'm always the worst at following through with checking things off the list. However, goals and intentions are where I usually thrive.  I find them much easier to achieve, and they don't seem to overwhelm me as much. You might be thinking they are the same thing, but they are actually different! Goals are something you hope to achieve but might fall short. Whereas intentions are setting the mindset you want to have.


This year my intention is to simply form good daily habits. Now that we are in our own place, I've had to adapt how I live in many ways. The daily Starbucks trips have come to an end, the random trips to eat out during lunch because I was too lazy to pack have stopped, the shopping sprees without thinking twice are no longer, and even more simply my daily routines are totally different. I've taken on more responsibilities both physically and financially. #adulting is in full swing now, and it is now time for me to pull it together. Sure I could set some resolutions related to this, but I feel like setting the intention to be mindful of my daily habits will take me further. After-all, nothing changes long term if you don't make any short term changes along the way. 

Goal Getter
I'm a huge fan of setting goals. I like to set goals that are achievable with a little challenge. If it is not reasonable, then you will just end up feeling defeated. This year's goals are related to self improvement. 

101 in 1001: I absolutely love these lists, but I think I was a little out of touch with reality when I made my list. There are some things on here that I know won't be crossed off. This current list is set to expire in fall of 2019.  With the little bit of time I have left, I want to work to reach at least 50% of the items before it's time to make a new list. I think I can easily get fifteen items crossed off.

Fitness: The item that is on everyone's new year resolutions list.  I seriously need to start sweating for the wedding now that we have hit the one year mark. I have been awful about working out regularly since I've started #adulting. I feel like the past two years I've gone in waves of being really good about it and then I fall off again.  Today I started the BBG twelve week plan. I completed the first four weeks at the end of the summer, but back to school and coaching took up all of my time (or at least that's what my excuse is). I'm ready to make myself a priority, which means making time for daily workouts. I think these workouts will be great for my current schedule because they require minimal equipment, are flexible, and not too time consuming.

Daily Routines: We moved almost three weeks ago, but with the holidays I have yet to form daily routines. If you know me, then you know that I thrive with routines.  I'm hoping to form routines filled with healthy habits over the next month or so. This includes silly things like sitting down to eat breakfast before leaving for work, reading daily, going for a walk with the dog each day after work, picking my work clothes out for the week, meal prepping, daily skincare routines, etc.


Find balance: If there is one thing I sucked at in 2018, it was finding balance in life. I'm the type of person who commits whole-heartedly to anything and everything that I do. If I'm going to half-ass something, then I just would rather not do it.  There's definitely pros and cons to my all or nothing attitude. The pros are that I usually excel at what I put my mind to, but the cons are that it usually means another part of my life suffers. It's no secret that my plate is full, but I need to be better about balancing coaching, teaching, time with friends, time with family, blogging, fitness, and simply time to take care of myself. I am hoping that my intention of 2019 will help me find this balance.

Whether you are setting goals, intentions, or resolutions it is important to hold yourself accountable. The first month is easy because you are surrounded by so many other people who have this rejuvenated mindset, but as the year goes on this tribe tends to dwindle providing more temptations than before. Know that you are not alone in your new endeavors. There is always somebody out there cheering for you or going through the same struggles you are. 

What are your goals or intentions for the new year?
XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!