Header

Monday, January 7, 2019

Guide to the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale


In case you didn't know, the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale is Monday beginning at 8 a.m.  You can gain early access in stores this weekend or shop online January 7th-8th. I've shopped the sale quite a handful of times both online and in person. Some years have definitely been better than others as far as pricing and sizing goes. 

The last time I wrote a guide to the Lilly Pulitzer sale was in August of 2016. At that time I shared that I wasn't shopping because I was saving for "adult things" like a car and to move out.I kind of laughed at this when I went to look back at what I written before because I've achieved both of those things. At this point in time, I'm undecided if I will end up purchasing anything or not. With buying a home, my budget is pretty tight. But part of me wouldn't mind finding a cute dress for a wedding I have in May and something for my bridal shower (I'm hoping we can have it in this summer).  We will see how good my self control is because I originally said I wouldn't be logging on to eve browse, and if you know me then you know that I'm pretty much a shopaholic plus a Lilly lover. Thinking about it, a lot of my dresses don't fit like they used to, so I definitely wouldn't mind adding a few new pieces. 


You may or may not know already, but Lilly Pulitzer rarely has large sales... in fact they only occur two times a year (August and January).  They used to do an in person summer warehouse sale, but they no longer do it. Anyways, due to the low frequency there is always a lot of hype surrounding these sales.  You have to be strategic about your shopping and it helps if you know some of the secrets to conquering the sales, especially the online ones. I have a few tips to help you out, in case you've never shopped the sale.

Create an account
If you're able to, it's always best to create an online account ahead of time. I recommend adding your card into your account ahead of time too because it speeds up your checkout process. The faster you check out the more likely you are to get what you want. Fun fact: adding items to your cart does not guarantee that you will get them. 

Once you're in the virtual line, DO NOT HIT REFRESH!
This is probably the biggest thing you need to know. It can be annoying waiting in line and sometimes it moves pretty slowly.  It is tempting to hit the refresh button to see if anything will change, but I'm warning you that you will regret it. Hitting the refresh button will take you to the very back of the line. I've waited in line for two hours before... just find something to do and stick it out. Your other option is to shop later in the day. This is a great option if you aren't looking for something specific. Usually by 4 pm there is no line. 

Know Your Size
It's important to know your size because all items purchased during the After party sale are final sale, which means there's no returning. If you do purchase something that does not end up working out, then you can always sell it at a consignment store, Facebook marketplace, or to a friend. 

Have a Positive Attitude
Just like anything you do, there are things that might frustrate you about this sale. There's a chance that you might not get the item you've been lusting over. Be prepared, the site might crash. I feel like the past few sales it has happened within the first hour or so. Yes, it's annoying, but it's just due to the insane amount of Lilly lovers.  Being optimistic through the whole shopping process will make it much more enjoyable. Let's be real, in the whole scheme of things, you probably do not need these clothes that you are buying. They are a want, and it is important to keep that in mind. After all, who can be grumpy when shopping at Lilly?
Self Control
We all know that Lilly Pulitzer items rarely go on sale. It can be quite tempting to go a little overboard when shopping the online sale. Try to make a budget and stick to it. You don't want to regret over spending your money on items that you won't be able to return. 

A few of my favorite Lilly outfits from the past year or so:





Best of luck shopping. I cannot wait to see what you purchase!
XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!