Header

Friday, June 30, 2017

June Favorites

Can you believe that today is the last day of June? The month has flown by. The first half of the month was filled with end of the school year shenanigans and the second half has been filled with more summer related things like being a camp counselor, nannying, and enjoying a day a few days off.  This might be the first summer in awhile that I won't make it to the beach until the month of July (sigh). I guess this is what the adult life is like. On a positive note I have a few beach trips planned for the upcoming month. 


Here's a little recap of my favorites from the month of June:

Reading
Now that school is over, I feel like I have time to read some books that I want to.  I'm working on a list of books to conquer this summer, so feel free to send any suggestions my way! I am hoping to read a combination of some popular YA Lit. books (keeping up with my future students) and some adult light fiction novels. I'm a sucker for a good romance novel. 
Currently, I'm reading Girl on the Train. It's not my usual read, but I do have to say so far I'm loving it. I've read over half the book in the past few days. I'll have a review to come in the future. 

Watching
What can I say, I love my Bravo TV shows. This month I have been hooked on Southern Charm. I find the characters on the show quite funny. They are drama filled, which makes the show entertaining. Plus, it's set in Charleston, South Carolina- a place I have always wanted to travel to. I love their sense of style and seeing the different places where the show is set. Sadly, the season finale was Monday night, so it's time to find a new show for the rest of the summer. 

Wearing
Lots and lots of workout clothes. The past two weeks I've worn more athletic outfits than I have normal clothes. Being a camp counselor last week, a summer nanny this week, and working out regularly has me wearing all different kinds of athletic attire.  At the beginning of the month, I found an adorable pair of leggings with mesh and cut outs at the bottom. They were less than $20 at 
TJ Maxx, which was such a steal for their quality and how cute they are. They have been perfect for yoga, barre, and spin classes. 


Smelling 
Pink Sands by Yankee Candle has been my go to scent lately. This candle scent was given to me as an end of the year gift from one of my former students. It's nice and light, plus it has a hint of a beach scent to it. I'll be sad when I reach the end of it soon. 

Eating
I've been working on eating healthier.  Everyone says how breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but there are some days where I just don't feel like eating. Recently, I discovered a protein bar that tastes good, doesn't make me feel sick, and provides me with enough energy to make to lunch. These RX bars are made of only a few ingredients, so they are pretty nutritious. They come in several different flavors, but my favorite flavor is the chocolate sea salt.  Most grocery stores sell them and if yours doesn't, then you can always purchase them on Amazon. 

Products I'm Loving
This month there are two products that I am just loving. The first is pink nail polish. I always enjoy wearing bright colors on my toes and hands during the summer months. This year I'm definitely going for the many different shades of pink.  My current nail color is Cascade Cool. I refer to it as a less obnoxious shade of  barbie pink.

Last weekend, my mom and I wandered into a local shop that sells products from numerous vendors in our area.  We found a fabulous line of body creams that are made of natural ingredients. I picked up a bergamot and grapefruit body cream that has just been fabulous. It smells so great and it makes my skin feel incredibly soft. It's been great for helping to sooth sunburns. The neat part is that it is actually made in the town I live in. You can check out their products here


Drinking
My go to beverage lately has been just about any flavor of La Croix Seltzer water.  I drank it a few years ago, but the past month I discovered it on sale in Target again.  I love how flavorful each type is.  I drink a ton of water, so I like to mix it up with one of these every once in awhile. Hands down, my favorite flavor is grapefruit. If you haven't tried it, then I highly recommend it. 

Your Turn:What have your favorites been this month?

Remember you can always keep up with me via Instagram @shorelifeof_m

Have a fabulous weekend!
XOXO

17 comments:

  1. Those workout pants are so adorable! I love the detail at the bottom

    - xo, Azanique | www.lotsofsass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing Girl on the Train around a lot and I think I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was captivated reading the girl on the train! Just picked up the author's new book - can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the girl on the train! Such a great read! Also loving those leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a huge fan of La Croix even though my friends keep telling me to try it again because they started loving it on the second try! IDK though, but Girl on the Train was such a good book, wow!
    xo, G
    theswirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been drinking so much seltzer water lately! I really like Dasani and Aquafina as well, and they tend to cost a little less and they're almost always on sale where we shop for groceries. I love those workout pants. The little cutouts are so so cute. And I'm seriously obsessed with bergamot and grapefruit lately. Basically all of the citrus, actually lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't seen girl on a train I need to check it ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those leggings are so cute, and such a steal at less than $20! I need to break out my Cascade Cool - haven't worn it in a while but your post makes me want to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been really into drinking selzter water too! I've been buying cases of it at Aldi that were super tasty and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I like Seltzer Water a little more! I just haven't gotten used to it!

    xo, L
    www.ChangeWithUsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those leggings especially the color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That body cream sounds amazing! I'm slowly transitioning to natural products.

    Have you watched Southern Charm Savannah yet?! I fell in love with it, and I've started watching the original Southern Charm because of it. Haha.

    Hope you have a happy Fourth!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved hearing about your month! I still need to try LaCroix haha!

    Jennifer Ashley // www.prettylittledetails.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those leggings are too cute!! Love the cut outs!
    xoxo,
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love going to TJMaxx to find steals on active wear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How great is "The Girl on the Train?" Read it in two nights — absolutely gobbled it up!

    Tori || Victori Media
    https://www.victorimedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your striped yoga pants and pink nail polish! So cute for summer.

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete