Header

Monday, June 19, 2017

Let's Have Coffee



Good morning sunshine. I hope your week has gotten off to a fabulous start. If not, then let's start to turn things around now. Grab a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer), put on your favorite playlist, and have a seat to chat about life's recent happenings.  We're going to have a bit of a virtual coffee date. I clearly have not been posting regularly, so I thought it would be fun to catch up a little bit.  I'll share  some life updates with you, then I have a few questions for you to answer! 


The first question I have for you...What's your current go to coffee date beverage?
If we were on an actual coffee date right now, then I would be drinking some type of iced coffee with cream and a little sugar in it. It's way too warm outside to be drinking a hot beverage! The heat index the past few days has been around 90. My go to Starbucks order lately has been iced coffee with milk, two pumps of simple syrup, and a pump of flavored syrup depending on my mood. 

So the last time we chatted, I filled you in on month five of my adulting adventures. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then check it out here. Since then I have finished out my temporary long term substitute contract as a seventh grade math teacher and started my summer "break".  The teaching position gave me lots of experience. I realized this weekend that this past school year I had the opportunity to help open a sixth grade Language Arts classroom, and then I learned how to finish out the year with my substitute teaching position.  The end of the year was filled with so many interruptions, schedule changes, high energy adolescents itching for a break from school, and some really heartfelt gifts from generous students. I could go on and on about my experience as a new teacher, but I think I might save all the details for another time. 

Do you have any exciting plans this summer? 
This summer I have a short list of items I'd like to cross off. I'll be working several different jobs- my part time retail job, nannying, and working a camp this week. I plan to continue getting into better shape by playing field hockey, running, getting back into lifting, doing yoga, and attending spin classes. I'm hoping to find time to relax and simply do nothing because the past few months have been crazy busy.  I intend to catch up with friends I haven't seen in awhile. The goal is to have full time teaching contract by the end of summer, so ideally I will be busy with interviews. 

Have you read any good books lately? 
I love to read, but lately I haven't had time to do so.  Now that I have more free time, I'm looking for book recommendations.  I discovered an app yesterday that allows you to use your public library card to download audio books. I'm excited to try this out. I'll let you know how it works out. 

I'm working on posting on my blog regularly again. I have some ideas of things I want to write about, but I am constantly searching for better ideas plus it's all about the readers. 
What types of posts would YOU like to see in the next few months?
I have a few posts planned about healthy dinner ideas, some outfit inspiration, and of course an adulting update. My blogging editorial calendar hasn't been finalized yet, so I'm still open to any and all suggestions!

What's been your favorite lunch food lately? 
A few weeks ago, I discovered the perfect bento box at Starbucks. I have been working to recreate it at home, but I have yet to master it. I'll be sure to share my recommendations once I perfect it. I have also been loving all of the fresh fruits and veggies that are in season. 


Have you found any cute clothes lately? 
You know by now how much I love to shop.  I am such a shopaholic. I've been working to save my money, but every once in awhile I have to #treatmyself. A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to the mall and had some fun trying on dresses and coverups in Lilly Pulitzer. How cute are these!


I love the bright colors and light fabric- perfect for hot summer days at the beach. The dress would even be great to wear for work to brighten up the office on those days you wish you were somewhere tropical instead. 

I hope you enjoyed our coffee date. As you finish reading this, I am most likely running around with elementary aged kids teaching them how to have fun while thinking outside of the box through problem solving! I'm looking forward to coming home today to read all of your answers to the questions and your feedback on our first virtual coffee date. I'll be sure to answer any extra questions your have- be sure to leave them in the comment box below. In case you forgot, here were my questions:

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!