Header

Monday, December 28, 2015

Weekending: Christmas Edition

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend filled with family, friends, and lots of laughs.  The past few days were pretty busy for my family and I.  The holidays always seem to go so quickly as there are so many people that you have to squeeze in time with.  The past few days I've spent time with friends and family who live near (several miles away) and far (up and down the entire East Coast). There's been a lot of late nights, laughing, celebrating, game playing, drinks served, and memories made.  Today's post sums up Christmas day in my house. 

Since the youngest person in our house is eighteen, our Christmas morning didn't start until 10:45 this year.  It was nice to be able to sleep in.  My brother and I still had to wait at the top of the stairs until my parents were ready for us to come down. This year was the year of socks and vests.  Included in this year's gifts were five pairs of socks.  Shain and I also each got a vest. He received a fleece one from Vineyard Vines and mine was a fuzzy one from JCrew. 

After opening gifts we had our annual Christmas morning brunch complete with french toast casserole, sausage, bacon, egg and cheese casserole, and mimosas.  This is my absolutely my favorite part of Christmas day.  We usually sit at the dining room table and talk for awhile after we eat. Brunch starts with the four of us, but it always ends up with more people joining us at the table. 



As the day progressed we had friends and family coming and going.  Later in the night we had a bunch of friends over for drinks.  The other day I talked about how my mom and I like to have a signature drink each Christmas.  This year our drink included muddled cranberries, club soda, lime and vodka all served over ice.  The mixture was perfect for this year's warm Christmas.  

I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend!
XOXO






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. We have toddlers, so no sleeping in at our house. That signature drinks sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Christmas recap and you guys look so happy. Happy new year very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had such a wonderful Christmas! This is my favorite time of year, I'm so sad Christmas is already over but I'm gearing up for a fun NYE! :)

    ReplyDelete