Header

Monday, May 11, 2015

#LifeUnfiltered

This weekend I read an article, on ESPN, that I found very moving. As a former collegiate athlete I can relate to the handwork it takes to compete. I understand the feeling of training continuously but still thinking you will never being good enough. The transition from high school to collegiate athletics can be a difficult one, similar to the academic transition from one level to the next. Reading this article was quite eye opening for me. 

As a blogger and a twenty something, social media is something relevant in my life.  I can understand how social media sources like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. provide viewers with a reel of filtered forms of life.  Filters mask the reality of what life is actually like, they allow us to remove as many of our "flaws" as we possibly can.  Perhaps we need to start sharing snippets of our life unfiltered?

Read the article HERE.

Suicide is something that should not be taken lightly and can occur for a multitude of reasons. We never know what our peers are going through, so please remember to be kind to everyone. If you are going through a tough time in your life, remember that you are not alone.

XOXO

National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255) 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!