Header

Monday, December 4, 2017

Wishlisted

I have never had so much trouble coming up with a Christmas list.  This year it has been such a struggle to create my list.  Usually, I'm able to write it within a half hour or so.  This year it has taken me several weeks to come up with just a small list. I'm not sure if it is because I am getting older, I'm working so I can purchase what I want, or if I'm just so content with life right now.  I'm thinking it is a combination of these three things. For probably the first time ever, my mom had to ask me for my wish list on multiple occasions.  I generally have it made and shared by mid November. 

Each year that I get older I find greater joy in giving gifts rather than receiving them. I take a decent amount of time to pick out thoughtful gifts rather than giving something meaningless out of obligation.  I enjoy watching the joy that is brought to my friends and family when they open something that was picked out special for them.  It makes me feel good when I can make others smile.  While this should be the reason that the holidays are considered the season of giving, I think the true meaning behind giving gets lost in the commercial shuffle. 

After lots of thinking I finally created my list. I consulted my Pinterest boards, some of my favorite online shopping sites, and thought about some practical items that I could use.  


Keep in mind that this is a true wish list. By no means do I expect to find all of these items wrapped under the tree Christmas day.  It is a true wish list- a list of things that I would like to have.  I do have to say I am a fan of the element of surprise, so I always enjoy a surprise gift or two! My mom is always the best at knowing what I want without me even realizing I wanted the item.

I'd love to hear what's on your wish list this holiday season.  Wishlist posts are one of my favorite to read! Feel free to comment with the item(s) your hoping to unwrap this year!

XOXO


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!