Header

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Why I Love My Fitbit


When I sat down to write this post, I started to think back to when I first got my Fitbit. It made me realize that I forgot what life was like before having this fabulous fitness tracker. I was originally reluctant to jump on the fitness tracker bandwagon. I thought it was quite silly to pay money just to count how many steps you walked in a day.  That was until I tried a Fitbit out.  Summer of 2015, my family and I took a weekend trip to Washington, D.C. By this point in time, my mom had the original Fitbit Flex for at least six months. She liked it but wore it off and on. While packing for the trip, I stumbled upon her Fitbit and asked if I could try it out for the weekend. If you've been to D.C. or live(d) in D.C., then you know how much walking is involved in a single weekend! With all the walking, I instantly fell in love with checking how far we had gone, how many steps we had taken, and how many floors we had climbed. After a busy weekend, I knew what the newest addition to my wish list would soon be. 

The next month or so I did some research on the best fitness trackers. It seemed to be the popular opinion was that Fitbit was the way to go.  I knew I wanted a tracker with a screen, so that I could time my runs and see how far I had run without having to check my phone.  I figured out that I wanted the Fitbit Charge.  I was lucky enough to receive as a gift from my boyfriend that October.  It was great. It lasted about a year and half. I wore it almost every day.  In December, it started not to hold a charge for extended amounts of time and the band was literally falling apart. Luckily, Fitbit has great customer service. Although, my warranty had expired they were able to give me a discount to purchase a new tracker. I chose to treat myself with my graduation money to the Fitbit Charge 2.  I actually have learned to love this tracker more. It has a large screen, tracks my heart rate more accurately, and has a few extra features like guided breathing to help calm you down. 


So, if you're on the fence I would definitely recommend purchasing a Fitbit. I have so many reasons why I love mine!

Challenges
As someone who loves to win, I obviously enjoy a good competition.  The app allows you to participate in different types of fitness challenges with your friends.  These challenges have actually motivated me to take the stairs, park further away, go for an extra gym session, and be a little healthier. 

Goal Oriented
I'm a huge goal setter. The Fitbit app helps you set personal goals for yourself and allows you the option to keep them private or share them with your friends. Regardless of your choice, you are provided with constant encouragement and motivation.  Even when I'm not in a challenge, I feel motivated to meet my goal of 10,000 steps daily. 

The app
In general, the app is pretty useful. It allows you to track your weight, calories consumed and burned, how much water you have drank, your heart rate pattern during a workout, how active you were each hour, and how well you slept. The app really provides you with some great tools to lead to a healthier lifestyle all for free!

Overall, I would say my Fitbit has motivated me to live a healthier lifestyle. 

XOXO


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!