Header

Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday's Thoughts 10/15

Happy Friday! The week has finally come to an end (almost- I still have two classes to get through)! This weekend is filled with coaching field hockey, sorority meetings, a little homework, and some fall fun. This is the first weekend in awhile that I will actually be on campus the whole weekend.  After being trapped on campus the first month of school due to sorority Recruitment, I've seemed to love escaping on the weekends to various places. Come back next week to read more about where I've been and what I've been up to! 

Reading: I am Malala written by Malala Yousafzai herself.  This novel is incredibly moving. I highly recommend it for everyone to checkout.  The story is about how Malala spoke out when the Taliban took over Pakistan.  In 2012, Malala was fifteen and almost paid the ultimate price by standing up for the women in her community.  This novel is all about her journey from living a life filled with fear in Pakistan to contributing to the United Nations in New York.

Watching: This video from Kid President about how girls are awesome. In the short clip, Kid President interviews Rachel Platten,  famous singer songwriter. (You probably know this song or this song of hers) This video talks about empowering and believing in ourselves.  It also talks about the importance of not being so hard on ourselves.  We need to take time to tell ourselves that we are good enough rather than beating us up about what we haven't done or aren't good enough to do. Check it out for a little positivity on this Friday afternoon.

Drinking: This past weekend my mom and I made pumpkin roll ups with pumpkin pie filling and homemade pie crust.  We had some leftover pie filling, so my mom invented a new drink.
Red rose tea+ half and half+ sugar+ one spoonful of pumpkin pie filling

Wearing: The chilly Fall weather seems to be making an increasing appearance here in South-Eastern Pennsylvania.  This time of year is my absolute favorite.  The fashion options might be one of my favorite things about the season.  I was excited to take out my clothes from storage and rediscover all of my boots, sweaters, and other clothing items.  It was like going shopping all over again. Lately, I've been playing around with prints and patterns.  Last week I wore this combination of the plaid and anchors with a simple dress.

Listening: This week I've found myself listening to Ellie Goulding on Spotify.  Her songs are so catchy and provide the perfect combination music for studying and being productive.

Looking forward to: Doing Fall things.  So cliche but it's so true. This weekend I'll be going to a corn maze with some of my sorority sisters. I'm excited to pull out my bean boots and vest to enjoy some quality time with some great people.
Loving: I've really been loving all the inspirational quotes and images I've found on Pinterest lately.  You can find the ones I've shared on twitter or checkout my Pinterest board. Some weeks we just need a little more inspiration than others.  This week was one of those weeks.

Wanting: I've been fighting the urge to going on a shopping spree. It's been awhile since I've been shopping, and lately I find myself really wanting to shop online. I've added things to my basket, but I have yet to purchase anything. I'm trying to be good with money.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Make sure you do something to treat yourself!

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!