Header

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kitchen Adventures: Pasta Box Inspired

I've always wanted to try the recipes that are on the back of barilla pasta boxes, but I've never had all of the ingredients to make it.  A couple of weeks ago I finally was able to find all of the ingredients for a pasta box recipe, in my house.  

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 carton of grape tomatoes (cut in halves)
1 zucchini (sliced into small pieces)
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
A few Basil leaves
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 clove of garlic
1 box of whole wheat pasta


1. Boil water and cook pasta.
2. While pasta boils, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
3. Add the garlic and let it cook for two minutes or until it is golden in color.
4. Slice the zucchini and add it to the skillet. Let it cook for 4 minutes or until slightly browned.
5. Add the sliced tomatoes and basil and simmer it for two minutes.
6. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the sauce.
7. Drain the pasta and put it in a large bowl.
8. Cover the pasta with the sauce and add the freshly grated cheese.

3 comments:

  1. of course you do this after I move. lol. looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pasta salads for summer time, theres so many different ways to make them but this looks fantastic.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I love your blog! I see your a Fab Girl Blogger as well!

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink
    http://ellenborza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete