Header

Monday, March 13, 2017

Daily Makeup Routine


Happy Monday! Today I thought it would be share my daily makeup routine with you all! For starters, I'm not a makeup guru. I prefer a more natural look that requires minimal time in front of the mirror. When it comes to makeup, my motto is less is more.  I don't use a ton of different products, and overall my routine is pretty simple.  It takes me about five minutes max to do my makeup each day.

Step one
I begin with a pomegranate primer by Korres. I put a large drop on my pointer finger and then blend it onto my face.  This primer provides a matte finish, keeps the makeup from melting off during the day, and decreases the visible size of my pores.  It's very light and prevents my face from looking and feeling greasy. You can find this product at Sephora or Amazon for about $30. 

Step two
Time to apply some BB Cream. I like to use BB Cream because it is light, but provides me with just enough coverage to even out the little bit of red blotchy skin I have.  Plus a nice bonus is that it has SPF 35 in it. Every little bit of protection against the sun helps the skin! I like to use a large soft brush to apply this.  The brush helps me apply it evenly without wasting too much of it. I use Bobbi Brown's BB Cream in the shade of fair. You can find it on their website for about $46. One tube usually lasts me a little over a year or so. 

Step three
A layer of finishing powder. This is an illuminating powder, so it provides a little bit of color. This usually gives my skin a bit of a glittery glow.  I use the nude palette. Some days I will skip the BB Cream and solely use this. It makes for a great natural weekend look. You can find this palette on the Bobbi Brown website here. It sells for about $52, but I was able to score mine for $30 at the cosmetic store at the outlets. 

Step four
Now for the eye(lids). I begin by applying a beige color to the majority of the lid. Next, I apply a shiny nude color just below my brows. I typically stick to shades of tan and brown for my eyes. Occasionally I will layer the colors in the Naked Palette for a heavier look. 

Step six
Recently I've been into the look of defined brows.  After cleaning up the brows with a pair of tweezers, I like to fill them in a little. I use the brown color (faint) in the Naked Palette. It matches the color of my brows perfectly. If you don't fill in your brows, then I highly recommend adding it to your daily routine. It can take a pair or brows to the next level. Also, it can clean them up if you're in between waxings. 

Step six
Time to add a little color. My next step is to apply a little blush to my cheek bones. I like to use a light pink color to achieve a lightly rosy cheek look. I use Bobbi Brown's desert pink. I apply this with and angled brush. 

Step seven
The final step in my daily makeup routine. I usually spend a few seconds using the eyelash curler on each eye.  Next, I generously apply some black mascara. I have naturally long lashes, so I like to use the mascara to increase their definition. I usually don't use water proof mascara because it's so hard to remove.  I generally use Bobbi Brown's mascara. You can find it on their website here


\


XOXO

12 comments:

  1. What a great routine! The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette is one of my holy grail products. It's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great routine! I've heard that primer is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great routine!! Seeing your brushes reminded me I need to get new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great routine for sure. For Christmas I finally got my own Urban Decay palette and I loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great routine! Looks like you have some great products!
    xoxo,
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful routine!!! I only put mascara on lol! I'm to simple I wish i was better at makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Naked palettes... but it's been quite a long time since I put on makeup (other than mascara). Seems like far too much hassle lately... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love keeping my daily makeup routine to the minimal for it gives me more time to eat and run out of the house. On the go makeup routine is always the best option for me.

    XOXO
    Shi Hui | IreviewUread
    http://ireviewuread.com/post/158204222828/ivloguwatch2
    https://youtu.be/qh7zt5LIwbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! Love those fluffy brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great routine! I have that same Naked palette and use it almost every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great routine! I love that you keep it simple and let your natural beauty shine through!

    <a href="http://labellesirene.blogspot.com”>La Belle Sirene</a> 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved learning more about your beauty routine! I'm so curious about the products that everyone uses. I love a natural look, as well!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete