Header

Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday's Thoughts 11/7

It’s the first Friday in November! This semester each week that passes seems to go by quicker and quicker.  Last week was filled with the stress of exams and assignments, but this week has been filled with friends, laughter, studying, and a lot less worries. 

Watching. Wednesday night I finished all of my assignments and actually had some free time before bed.  This might have been the first time all semester that this happened. Anyways, I took advantage of the night by starting a new Netflix series and spending some time blogging.  The night of relaxation was much needed.  I started watching Jane the Virgin per some of my friends recommendations.  At first I did not love it, but after the first episode I began to enjoy it a little more.  This drama filled show is filled with love, humor, and a little drama. I recommend it if you’re looking for a mindless show to binge on.

Reading. This article on today’s dating culture. Thanks to my dad for sharing it with my brother and I this week. It’s an interesting read that brings up lots of interesting points.

Drinking. Juice Boxes! I’ve loved juice boxes for as long as I can remember.  I drink a ton of water, so I am always looking for something to mix it up a bit.  This week when I was food shopping I picked up a pack of juice boxes.  To have one every once in awhile is a nice treat.  The Apple and Eve ones are my favorite!

Laughing at.  This 100 years of beauty for US men video.  If you haven’t seen it, then check it out. It’s pretty cool to see how men’s hairstyles have changed over time.

Listening to. Adele’s new song Hello. This song has been on replay in my apartment all week long.  It’s amazing. If you haven’t heard it yet, then you are missing out. I cannot wait for her new album to come out.

Looking forward to. The weather being consistent again. The weather has gone from the thirties to the seventies in the past week. I’m ready to wear my fall clothes (boots, sweaters, and flannels). I’ve already put away my summer clothes, so getting dressed for this bipolar weather has been quite the challenge.

Loving. Helping the younger members of my sorority chapter embark on leadership experiences. I am nearing the end of my term as President, and our election process is beginning. This week I have held so many great conversations where I’ve helped emerging leaders create visions about what they want to within our chapter and their lives.  It is these conversations that motivate me to do the things I have done over the course of this past year.


Wanting. A day to lay in bed and do nothing all day long. This semester has been such a fun one filled with friends, Alpha Delta Pi, breaking outside of my comfort zone, making memories, and embracing everything senior year has to offer from the stressors to the laughs. I would love just one day filed with nothing I have to do (no homework, no meetings, no classes, nothing). Somehow, I don’t think this will actually happen until Winter Break.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!