Header

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Suja Detox Cleanse


3-day cleanses are very controversial as to whether or not they are actually healthy for your body.  I have done one in January for two years in a row now.  I don't eat horrible but I certainly am not the healthiest person out there. I like to do a detox cleanse once a year to clean out body from the toxins that have built up. I refuse to do an all juice cleanse because I can't go that long without eating. Plus I don't think they are very healthy.  I like to do detox cleanses that combine juices and foods.  Doing a detox cleanse is like a fresh start for your body.  Last year I did the Goop Detox and did not like it that much.  This year I did the Suja 3 Day Cleanse.  I loved the recipes and most of the juices.  It was relatively easy to do.  

My tips for a Detox Cleanse:
  • Drink at least 60 ounces of water a day.
  • It is okay  if you have to adapt the meal plan to fit your lifestyle.
  • Do a cleanse with a partner.  It is easier to hold each other accountable than to do it on your own. I've completed both of mine with my mom. She's actually the one that usually finds the ones we choose!
  • Stay busy.  The busier you are the less likely you are to think about food or being hungry.
  • Be active.  It is good to workout while cleansing, but don't do too intense of a workout or you will feel it later on.  On day 1 I did a 1 hour interval run and by 7 pm I was lacking energy.
  • A cleanse is a great way to jump start weight loss, but don't expect the weight to stay off once you finish the cleanse.  You have to maintain healthy eating.
What cleanses have worked for you?
XOXO


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!